🔕 🔔

Can I make truffles with 85% chocolate instead of regular bittersweet?

My plan is to heat the cream with blackstrap molasses and pour over the chocolate with some vanilla and cinnamon. I had a truffle like this recently at a chocolate shop and it was heavenly. I want try to recreate it at home. i've never made truffles with anything other than 60% chocolate.

asked by Stephanie G about 6 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

You will be pleased with the 85. Although you might want to add a tiny bit of sweet to it. Sounds like a nice recipe.

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

It'll just depends on your taste. If you enjoy really dark chocolates, you may really like it. It will be different than the ones you made with 60% chocolate. If you haven't, taste the 85% and compare that to what you usually use. Adjust your ingredients accordingly after.

Awesome....I love dark chocolate. I might add a little sweetner...what do you recommend?