🔕 🔔

Why does my macaron doesn't have any foot?

I used almond flour, I beat the whites until soft peaks. I tried it thrice and it's still not thick

asked by Fer'sBite over 5 years ago

C5bc9d43 2ea8 466a 9c6d b45770547273  img 2106

Thanks Darlene. I'll try it again, I beat my eggs for about 5 minutes. I thought the almond sugar mixture might just be too heavy. I guess practice makes perfect right? Thanks again!

I just realized that humidity may be a factor in developing a foot. You may try and pipe smaller amounts and make sure that it is thoroughly "dry" before sticking in oven. Also, if it is humid, you may try a lower oven temp by 20 degrees to 280 F and increase the baking time. When they are done, don't take them out of the oven immediately. Turn off oven, leave door partially open, and let them cool gradually in oven.