New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie help!
1. Does it matter if the cake flour is unbleached?
2. Can I cream the butter and sugar with an immersion blender?
3. Can I just mix the dough by hand? I don't have a mixer with a paddle attatchment like it calls for. The only "mixers" I have are an immersion blender, wooden spoons, and my hands.
Recommended by Food52
Voted the Best Reply!
2. I think that would be difficult -- you'd be better off doing it by hand, just make sure the butter is good and soft.
3. Yes, by hand works -- the old fashioned way.