I am making homemade ravioli, any filling suggestions?

asked by SPB over 6 years ago

GIOVANNI50

Spinach and ricotta
Kale and ricotta
Squash and fontina
ground Pinnoli and ricotta
pork sausage and spinach (my favorite)
seasoned ground chicken with herbs

QueenOfGreen

The lasagna filling here was delicious when I tried it! Have marked it to use again, and I'm guessing it would make great ravioli filling. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

bigpan

Everytime I am in Florence I order pear and gorgonzola ravioli with cream sauce and black truffle. It is just as good without the expensive truffle.
Also, try crab and cheese, or butternut squash and walnut.

foidivin

I'm a big fan of spinach & ricotta. Or butternut squash, sage, and pine nuts.

chachachi

Chopped prosciutto, ricotta, Parmesan...

In Italy "ravioli" cover a multitude of sins and shapes. I like a Sardegnan style filled with riced potato, ricotta and mint. Don't overstuff. Use a melon baller to portion the filling.