Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sunday Leg of Lamb

F17e1d94 6d06 4abe 851b a659397cc1a2  image tjh1943

I have a question about the ingredient "head garlic, roasted" on the recipe "Sunday Leg of Lamb" from thirschfeld.

asked by Sayuri Collin almost 5 years ago
3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Cut the top off to expose the cloves a little. Put the head onto a square of foil. Drizzle the cut head with some olive oil. Use the foil to create a pouch that contains the garlic. Bake at 375º F for about an hour, until the cloves are soft.

I forgot to add, you may want to roast several heads so you have some on hand for other purposes - it'll keep well-covered in the fridge for about a week, and is great added to mashed potatoes, soups, etc...

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.