🔕 🔔

Fastest Way to Ripen Plantains for Pan Frying?

Is there a faster way to ripen plantains?

I've had 2 in a paper bag for a week waiting for them to get black, and they're barely changing at all! They're for pan frying for a recipe

asked by Cookie16 over 5 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

maybe add a regular ripe Cavendish Banana to the bag. The ethylene may speed up ripening...

Remember you have to wait until the peel is at least 50% black to get the nice sweet flavor from them. Just be patient. I would take them out of the bag and place in an airy place. That's how they are handled in the Caribbean.

Good to know! I've become so impatient, but I guess I'd better use the other ingredients I bought for this recipe and wait!