A question about a recipe: Coq au Vin

8fa544fa 690b 4b63 a57c 6e7f4b3f047b  image tjh1062

I have a question about the recipe "Coq au Vin" from thirschfeld. I'm thinking about making this with rabbit, anything I should be mindful of beforehand?

asked by Scribbles over 6 years ago

Mr_Vittles

Sounds good. Do you plan on cooking it whole. That's pretty big. Maybe more liquid, more cooking time?

thirschfeld

It would be great with rabbit. Commercially raised would be nice and tender while wild rabbit would have more tooth. Neither would take as long to cook either, well I take that back I don't know the size of you rabbit. The other thing I would consider is brining. Even though you are braising rabbit still can become dry and brining might prevent this. A 1/2 cup kosher salt 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 gallon of water the chilled before soaking the rabbit pieces for two hours should do