Is it necessary to dry fresh pasta?

When I've attempted to dry fresh pasta, it breaks into little pieces, so I've simply used the pasta immediately or stored in an airtight container without drying. Is there a reason why I shouldn't do this? Thanks!

asked by passifloraedulis over 6 years ago

You don't need to dry it. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Fresh pasta is a treat.

Mr_Vittles

Absolutely not. Yet feel free to allow it dry, semolina pasta is the classic choice, but it does not matter too much.

LornaFarris

Fresh pasta is a wonderful thing! No need to dry it first... Just remember to use it up relatively quickly because it will go bad at some point.

MauraKaras

Dont dry it, freeze it!

I've never heard of drying being recommended for fresh pasta. I've always dusted it with cornmeal and frozen it if I wasn't using it right away.