🔕 🔔

Defrosting frozen bulk chicken

I neglected to separate a bulk pack of chicken prior to freezing and now want to defrost only half of the pack. Is there any way to do this or do I need to just make something with a lot of chicken?

asked by Nina Terrell over 5 years ago

You probably need to use all that chicken within a relatively short period of time. I've never figured out how to divide a package like that. I feel your pain.

Otoh, you could make a double batch of something and freeze the extra one once it's been cooked.

Defrost them in the fridge and you can safely portion and refreeze as needed.