🔕 🔔

Can I substitute sherry vinegar for red wine vinegar?

asked by heiwei over 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Certainly. Why not.

Yes. I'm personally a big fan of Spanish sherry vinegars (Jerez) over crappy domestic "balsamics". Do it! Just buy a good quality product.

Depends on dish in my experience. There are some Mexican dishes I would not want sherry vinegar in unless it was just a splash.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

And speaking of vinegar. Beaujolais nouveau, MIGHT still available overlooked and forgotten in your supermarket.
Get a bottle--but don't drink it. Open it and use a 1/2 cup or so in a stew. Then lightly put in a paper towel in the neck of the bottle and forget about it until August or so. It wants to be vinegar, no other addition is needed. Even if it has preservatives. It'll turn to vinegar in a few months when you open it. Sometimes even in the bottle, if you really forget about it a year.

NOO! - You can substitute Sherry Vinegar for white wine vinegar.
www.sherryvinegar.com

07756586 74e3 4b32 928b b7d2857683bb  gran capirete 50 yrs 250ml ingles caja