🔕 🔔

Is it possible to make sherry vinegar at home and if so, how? I've made champagne vinegar, white and red wine vinegars and cider vinegar, so I know the basic technique, at least for those. But what about sherry? Does the fact that it's made differently from other wines affect its suitability for home vinegar making? Thank you. ;o)

asked almost 7 years ago

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

I don't have an answer for you, AntoniaJames, but if you wouldn't mind sharing your vinegar-making techniques, I'd LOVE to know how to make them! (hope someone else has a more helpful answer for you) :)

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

I wish I had better news, but according to wiki-answers, it's nearly impossible.
: (
http://wiki.answers.com...

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I think sherry vinegar would be hard- but I think you can make apple cider vinegar using a mother or starter culture. I'd use google-fu to find a website that sells cultures and has information on making vinegar reliably.