🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: BLOOD ORANGE MARMALADE

4045c9d4 18ec 4db0 828c e6f8ea9ce5c3  l1000673

I have a question about the recipe "BLOOD ORANGE MARMALADE" from dymnyno. I am on the second boil/simmer and even though it has reached gelling temperature it is still really liquidy, what am I doing wrong?

asked by elessing about 6 years ago

B5d4c31e d9a4 4f0e ae4e ecaa0cf95de6  dsc 0253 2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

It won't jell right away - if the thermometer is reliable, the marmalade is probably ready. It may appear runny simply because it's very hot. As it cools, it should set.

It takes a long time to boil all the water out. You did nothing wrong. I always let it go a little longer than the recipe says and because it's very humid in Houston, Texas. It will thicken as it sets up.