🔕 🔔

Puree de Piment d'Espelette Recipes

Does anyone have any suggestions to use this product? It's a product of France - Pure of Espelette Pepper. No seafood (very allergic) The small unopened bottle has been sitting in my larder unused for so long - wanna use it!

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Just start sprinkling! It's great on eggs, vegegables, meats~

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

But it's a paste, use it to add flavor like mustard?

Besides my not being able to type, I'll confess that I didn't notice that word "puree." But still, just add it in any time you feel an urge. I have a little jar of Piment d'Espelette jelly, and I'm mixing it in to any sauce I might have otherwise sprinkled. I'm also smearing a tiny bit on cheeses and smoke meat and fish. It's delicious!

I use the powdered variety. The name refers to to the town on the French side of Basque frontier with Spain up in the Pyrennes. I also have a small bottle of hot sauce (except that it isn't really that hot) made from the same pepper; pimenton d'Esplette. Very delicate flavor, not much heat.