🔕 🔔

Non-Thanksgiving turkey breast

Bored with my usual proteins so I bought a bone-in, skin-on Kosher turkey breast at Trader Joe's. Now I can't think of anything interesting or non-Thanksgiving-y to do with it. Any ideas?

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Do you have a meat grinder? You could make sausage.

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

Treat it like a large chicken breast! I really like to season turkey breast with herbes de provence, salt and pepper and roast in the oven. You could also rub butter and tarragon under the skin, brown it on the stove with butter and olive oil, add some poultry stock, then finish cooking in the oven; this will let you make a fantastic gravy. Or if you want to steer as far away from any holiday association, make this turkey pho: http://www.food52.com/recipes....

Wholefoods user icon

How about Tandoori Turkey?

Yes, slather it with a mix of yogurt, lemon juice and Indian curry spices and roast. I use the same marinade for zucchini, onion, red pepper and mushroom kabobs. It is all good together.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

BBQ it on the grill with a bourbon glaze ....