A question about a recipe: Roasted Tomato & Rosemary Soup with Kale & Potatoes

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Roasted Tomato & Rosemary Soup with Kale & Potatoes " from Nicole Franzen. It says:

"For prep; dice onion, celery and garlic. In a large stock pot on medium heat add garlic, onions and celery with a drizzle of olive oil. Add 4 sprigs of rosemary and 3 sprigs of thyme (leaving them on the stem, you will remove them later). Pour in a cup of white wine. Cook till tender and add 4 potatoes that have been cubed. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Add a can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes and the vegetable broth (about 5 cups). Add an additional cup of water and simmer on medium-low heat for a few hours stirring occasionally and adding extra seasoning or water if necessary. "
How big of a can? 14.5 or 28oz?

asked by hennypenny101 over 6 years ago

If it doesn't specify I'd assume the smaller can. If you taste it and think it needs more tomato you can add a second can.