🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Tomato & Rosemary Soup with Kale & Potatoes

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Roasted Tomato & Rosemary Soup with Kale & Potatoes " from Nicole Franzen. It says:

"For prep; dice onion, celery and garlic. In a large stock pot on medium heat add garlic, onions and celery with a drizzle of olive oil. Add 4 sprigs of rosemary and 3 sprigs of thyme (leaving them on the stem, you will remove them later). Pour in a cup of white wine. Cook till tender and add 4 potatoes that have been cubed. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Add a can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes and the vegetable broth (about 5 cups). Add an additional cup of water and simmer on medium-low heat for a few hours stirring occasionally and adding extra seasoning or water if necessary. "
How big of a can? 14.5 or 28oz?

asked by hennypenny101 about 5 years ago
3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

If it doesn't specify I'd assume the smaller can. If you taste it and think it needs more tomato you can add a second can.