🔕 🔔

I'm reposting this as the display turned out wrong the 1st time. How would you adapt J. Perillo's ricotta to make it part skim? Thanks. ;o)

Here is a link to Jennifer Perillo's Creamy Homemade Ricotta: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

I'm making Susan G's Aztec Coffee Cake, for which part skim is preferred.
Here is the recipe of that dessert, in case it makes a difference: http://www.food52.com/recipes... . I've made this ricotta many times, by the way. It's sensational. In fact, tomorrow I'm teaching my son, who's home from college on spring break, how to make the full-fat version. Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

Having not received any answer to this, and seeing that it's dropped off the front page of the Hotline, I'm adding this "answer" to bump it back up. I need to shop today for the ingredients for the ricotta I plan to make this evening for the Aztec Two Step Coffee Cake I plan to make tomorrow. Thanks, everyone. ;o)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I hesitated to try an answer because I haven't made it, but I thought there were comments from people who made a lower fat version. Here's one:

Deb Roseman added about 1 month ago

I made this using just 2% and buttermilk to watch the calories and it was so yummy.

There's probably a happy medium...