FIRST LOOK AT AMANDA AND MERRILL'S NEW COOKBOOK! PRE-ORDER YOUR SIGNED COPY »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way

939ed1fc 61b9 4284 a366 b93bf8f83376  celeryoctopus

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way" from matchaflan. It says:

"1. Marinade the octopus in sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime wash and cut the long Chinese celery into thirds or quarters (length-wise)."
How much sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice do you use for the recipe?

asked by nasilemak over 4 years ago
C6b81eff a48c 43bf 8ccc c8643f0a7951  img 0138

Because this is a marinade for the octopus, the quantities of siracha, fish sauce, and lemon juice should be to your liking. Siracha is spicy, so the more you add, the spicier it will be. Fish sauce is quite, well, fishy, so if you're looking for a subtle fish flavor, go easy on the fish sauce. And, the lime juice adds a nice kick of acidity. Let us know what quantities you decide to use and how it turns out!

OMG I am a doofus. For some reason when I added this recipe the quantities were there - thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Am adding these now.

Actually, I tried to add back the ingredients, but the page won't let me, for some reason. Because the octopus/squid would be kind of salty by themselves, for this amount, I usually aim for 2,3 tbs of fish sauce, and sriracha is to taste really, then juice of half a lemon.