🔕 🔔

Help. I have a pint and a half of double cream to use. Says it can't be frozen? What can I do with it??!

asked by @blueberrybelly about 7 years ago

Hi, since this is a U.S. site, many people here don't know what double cream is (but I'm sure some do.) We can't get cream with that high a butterfat content in the U.S. so our recipes don't call for it.

How about an easy chocolate cake a UK blogger adapted from a Nigela Lawson recipe?
http://www.foodbeam.com...

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Slather it on your biscuits. Or make scones and invite friends over! Here's one of my autumn favorites: http://www.food52.com/recipes... You can substitute pureed pumpkin for the butternut squash puree, if you like.

8446617e 2a44 48d6 bb85 2f1dc3feb000  n768884774 851343 4507

Is clotted cream the same thing as double cream?

B6a74962 31fc 4e50 b866 0ea34483cfb8  fb avatar

Clotted Cream is NOT the same as double cream. The nearest US equivalent of double cream is Heavy Whipping Cream. When I am narrowboating in the UK is use double cream in any recipe that I would have used Heavy Whipping Cream back in the states. One of my favorites is Spaghetti Carbonara. The double cream makes a really luscious alfedo sauce.

If I had to freeze the double cream to preserve it, I would whip it first, and drop dollops into a baking sheet and then freeze. After a day or so, I would then put the dollops into a sealed container for later use atop desserts or in Irish Coffee!

Clotted Cream is a cooked product. http://en.wikipedia.org...

05885cb3 2f3a 49b6 bf28 234ab16a59fb  j10

mmm just have it on everything