🔕 🔔

Trimmed or Untrimmed Tri-Tip

543b060a 1f6a 4419 a44c 7ee0c2a0553f  photo mar 11 6 16 19 pm

Hi everyone, I'm grilling Tri-Tip beef for the first time and can't tell whether or not my butcher trimmed the fat layer from the bottom-side of the piece. Any help would be appreciated.

asked by chas_wagner about 6 years ago

It looks trimmed to me!

chas_wagner

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I wanted to double check.

Claudiacooks

Yes, that looks trimmed. I wouldn't remove any more fat as this will help with your flavor and moisture. Don't over cook it to prevent drying out. Cook over medium high heat, with a good amount of seasoning.....