Our NYC Holiday Market is open (!!!) for the weekend. Come on by »
🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

A question about a recipe: Honey Cake with White Brigadeiro Filling Covered with Chocolate Ganache

67b65846 9e63 4ed5 b4d7 655739cc4ead  dsc00120 1

Is a "bain marie" a type of water bath? May you describe this step?

asked by SconeLover79 over 4 years ago
2 answers 718 views
97043910 0361 479c bed1 89ab1eecb0e6  claire
added over 4 years ago

Bain marie is double boiler, put a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Put the chocolate and cream in the bowl, do not let water vapor get in the bowl with the chocolate. Stir to melt the chocolate. Continue recipe!

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar
added over 4 years ago

If you're British, it's a double boiler. If you're not, it's a hot water bath. That's the literal translation. For this recipe, yes a stainless steel bowl over gently simmering water (NOT BOILING) to melt the chocolate is what you're looking for