With the weather turning on us so quickly, what winter dishes are you trying to " get in" before its pasta primavera time?

asked by mixter over 6 years ago

One last hurrah for Beef Stew!

MTMitchell

Short ribs. And bolognese. One last hurrah before I want everything grilled.

BoulderGalinTokyo

Anything to use up dried beans on my shelf. All that simmering- great for winter, but too hot the rest of the year.

Nothing, I'm ready for fresh local veggies. Maybe in April when Lamb goes on sale, I'll make a tagine with the preserved lemons I made last month.
If we have another cold snap here; I might do a french onion soup. But I'm very tried of stews and pot roasts at the moment.

MTMitchell

That makes me think.... I'm planning to do a good, old-fashioned "boiled dinner" on Saturday night (corned beef and cabbage of course) but its supposed to be very unseasonably warm (in the 70s in Chicago in March!). I bet I won't feel like eating or making such a cozy meal ... We might be having corned beef sandwiches and some nice coleslaw and potato salad instead...!

I made some bean chili with Joseph's Cattle beans 2 nights ago. Probably will make a fat "American" lasagna tomorrow.

Melusine

Split pea soup w/the remnants of the country ham I served for Boxing Day Brunch. The ham isn't going to last forever....