🔕 🔔

Question about a recipe Irish Soda Bread.

I hope to make this tomorrow, but didn't pick up any wheat germ today.
Should I just omit, or up the oats or the flour? Or make a trip to the store?

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Check the comments to the recipe... I think it has been discussed.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I couldn't find those in the linked section. I know that sometimes that Food52 will feature a recipe on another area, with a different comment section. Do you have that link..I can't find it.

Sam, maybe I dreamed it! I've just gone through all the other bread recipes with wheat germ and can't find it anywhere. Anyway, it's a minor element (probably more for nutrition than anything else) and any suitable bulk should be OK. (Is it already made? How did it come out?)

I'm putting it off until tomorrow. Last night was spent taking apart the dishwasher. I may just pick up wheat germ Saturday. Thanks!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

sam, if you do buy wheat germ, keep it in the freezer because it goes rancid fast. Even a little makes a great wheat-toasty addition to baked goods.