Pudding cake with 2 different flavors?

I've never made a pudding cake. Roy Yamaguchi has a recipe that is cooked in ramekins in a bain marie and when flipped out, there is a pudding layer on top of a cake layer. I already have a hunch that this is a stupid question, but here goes....Is it possible to produce a pudding layer of one flavor and a cake layer of another- having been baked together in the same ramekin? or would i have to make a pudding and flip it out onto a premade cake? yes, ha ha, i'm wanting the litchi pudding ingredients to magically molecularly drift down through the green tea cake molecules, and settle by themselves on the bottom... Can I have that invention for Christmas please, mom?

asked by inspiredbyyou over 6 years ago

Miranda Rake
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

Hi there! Is this the recipe that you're using? http://www.hsn.com/roy... - if so I think you could definitely experiment with another flavor of pudding in the pudding layer!