🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce

2980f9f8 eaec 4fa1 8ad3 de5816f90948  food52 03 13 2012 4189

Do you use a brisket that has already been corned? What is the best brand to use?

asked by Rose925 over 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, the brisket should be corned. I called around to butchers in my area and found that a lot had brined corned beef just for the holiday -- depending where you live, this could be a great option. The beef in the photo is from the Meat Hook in Brooklyn -- so good.

I also tried a version with Welshire Farms all natural corned beef from Whole Foods, which was delicious, but because it has no nitrates, the meat turns brown when cooked instead of staying the traditional pink.