I have a small amount of stale bread left - anything clever I can do?

asked by @ShanilP almost 7 years ago

ATL
ATL

You don't say how small the amount, so I'd suggest French toast or grinding it up for breadcrumbs, seasoned or plain.

ATL
ATL

I forgot croutons--another good use for leftover bread.

Shalini

You could put a crust in a jar of brown sugar to soak up the moisture, depending on how small and stale your bread is!

davidpdx

Depending on how much bread: Bread and Tomato Soup (modest amount) or Romesco Sauce (small amount).

foidivin

Bread pudding! Mmmm

ReneePussman

Depending on how stale it is, I would say panzanella. It is delicious and certainly a great way to break the chain of boring salads. I prefer mine with tomatoes, red onions, sometimes capers and a nice fresh vinaigrette. But there are a million ways to make it. Just experiment.

la domestique

You would need 4 slices for my recipe for ribollita- a tomato based vegetable soup thickened with stale bread. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Brain Health Kitchen

Crunch them down into bread crumbs, and brown in a pan with butter and olive oil. Add some lemon zest, sea salt and minced garlic. Toss with a sturdy pasta shape, like orecchiette or penne, and some grassy olive oil. This was my "starving student" supper routine for years and years.