🔕 🔔

I need a recipe for a savory batter to use for frying squash blossoms.

asked by Chrissylrat over 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Here's one: http://www.food52.com/recipes... and another: http://www.publicradio...

I use this one:
1 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c cold water or beer

Works great

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

I dip mine in an egg batter, dredge through breadcrumbs and fry (with a nice piece of cheese -- goat is great!) stuffed inside. You've just brought summer thoughts into my mind -- where ever you live, you're fortunate to have this taste of summer right now!!

9b70b8ff c9b1 41b4 8373 1487d628bfd5  serendipity

I like to mix flour with sparkling water to create a tempura-like batter for my squash blossoms. I just usually mix it by sight--it should be a fairly thin mixture. Usually I will fill them with a little bit of herbed ricotta cheese first. My mouth is watering at the thought--summertime come soon!