What can you do with squash blossoms aside from stuffing them with cheese and frying?

asked by uws80 almost 7 years ago

meganvt01

They are great stuffed with cheese and not fried, also good in fritatta and risotto. Or perhaps over fresh pasta with a light tomato or browned butter sauce?

Helen's All Night Diner

I've seen any number of squash blossom soup recipes. I made one a couple of years ago that had onions, poblano chiles, and some cream, along with the shredded squash blossoms. It was fantastic.

eatatvino

I just used them to make yummy quesadillas :-)

Greg027

Squash Flower tacos. Common street food in Mexico City. Saute onion, Garlic, olive oil then add male flowers at the end. serve with avocado sea salt & hot sauce.

clintonhillbilly

My wife and I came up with this recipe for squash blossoms awhile back and we really love it: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

The blossoms are stuffed with a small amount of raisins, fresh mozarrella, and sundried tomatoes, and then roasted and drizzled with walnut oil. The walnut flavor goes really well with the squash blossoms.

Lucy's Mom

My Italian grandfather taught me to scramble them with eggs and some fresh herbs -- delicious!

wssmom

@clintonhillbilly that sounds wonderful!I