🔕 🔔

I'm looking for a good non seafood dish to pair with brut champagne. I will be making this the night I propose so no pressure ;)

asked by Josh,Wensley over 5 years ago

Oh how romantic! I'm thinking Chicken Cordon Bleu would pair well with champagne.

Or vegetable risotto?

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Well they say champagne pairs well with anything and everything so why not make HER favorite dish..I'm sure she'll be ecstatic!

Well she's from Peru and her favorite food is pretty much impossible to get ingredients for. It's also pretty messy so I'd like it to be easy to eat

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Fettucine alfredo? Few things come close to a perfectly roasted chicken... In our house, a buffet of "finger foods" would be very, very welcome (who likes to commit to a single main dish when you can enjoy an assortment of tasty treats?). A pork tenderloin? But I like the idea of cooking your-soon-to-be-fiance's favorite...

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Whichever recipe you choose, I would suggest a light sauce so the champagne is not over powered. Same logic applies to a fatty sauce - a no no.
Perhaps a pasta with a drizzle of light olive oil and sliced truffles, roasted chicken on the side with crisp skin ( reduce the fat ), or a pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms ( exotics like chanterelle ).
Regardless of what you choose to do, the everlasting memory will what you say as you propose, not what was eaten. A line or two from a romantic poem will work as well as a nice pasta.
Have a great night - and long life.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Sappy response here with no definitie recipe suggestions. When I was dating my then boyfriend, now husband he made me a recipe he grew up with called Chicken Bacon. I was so thrilled that he put the time & energy into the dish that I couldnt stop raving. Full of love & sincerity that when I think back to this day, it was the best damn dinner ever.

There's a recipe on this site for pasta in a champagne-butter sauce (http://food52.com/recipes...). I made this with lobster for Valentine's day and it was great!

And if seafood is out, I think it would go well with chicken too.