🔕 🔔

what i make with ia seafood buffet

hi am throwing a big meal of seafood but i know everyone doesn't like seafood what can i make with it

asked by [email protected] 6 days ago

I would add either a roast chicken or roast beef.

Since you are doing it as a buffet, I'd suggest a couple of pasta dishes and/or salads that either don't have any seafood in them, or have it on the side as an optional add-on. That way there will be seafoodless options with minimum stress for you, the hostess and cook.
If your guests know it's a seafood buffet, I don't think they'll be expecting beef or chicken.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I don't eat seafood and would love to have beef or chicken.

Bear in mind that twice as many Americans have a (serious or life-threatening) allergy to seafood as do to peanuts.
If your big meal is for a crowd of 25, at least 1 person you want there for social reasons may not be able to safely eat your dinner.
Maybe ask about allergies when you invite, and consider having an alternate for those few people who cannot eat seafood, even if they know that is the dinner plan.
https://www.news-medical...

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

For a non-seafood addition, I'd probably do a whole beef tenderloin or two - simple, quick prep, can be served room temp... can even share a side sauce with some simply prepared poached, steamed or roast seafood (sour cream or yogurt, with horseradish, chives, a little dijon, etc.) And for the seafood eaters - surf and turf!

But if you prefer a vegetarian option, I'd suggest a baked pasta - for a seasonal version, maybe butternut squash lasagna with sage (made with bechamel, mozz, parm.) Make ahead too.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

If you haven't decided on all of your entrees or dishes, I have 2 ideas. 1st you could do a low country boil with shell fish, veggies and sausage. Your guests could pick and choose. You could also do a raw bar if you have fresh access to those things and add in some non seafood items.