🔕 🔔

Cf72275c fff5 4c3d 91ff b486112ca91a  stringio
Nancy Harmon Jenkins

Nancy is a food writer, historian, and author of many books, her most recent being Virgin Territory: Exploring the World of Olive Oil, forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin.

I think it's perfectly fine as long as the seafood is kept chilled in the refrigerator--in a covered container so the flavors don't contaminate other stuff in the fridge. How long? Your nose will tell you that, but I would tend to consume it within two or three days.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Thanks for the info. And yes, will absolutely do the smell test. I have some leftover caponata too - this antipasto has practically made itself!

I'd have a backup on hand just in case. If you have any doubts when you open that container tomorrow, DON'T serve it. Food poisoning from seafood is the WORST!

So true. Smart thought about a back up - I have good Italian tuna and cannellini beans on hand, so if the seafood becomes a WMD, I can mix up another quick fishy element (also planning the aforementioned caponata, a couple of cheeses, olives, might pick up some prosciutto, etc...one way or another, I should be covered!)