Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

Chicken and emmantaler dinner ideas please!

I have bnls chicken breast and a nice chunk of emmantaler that I want to use up. I am having a creative block!

asked by Sarah,FlashViola over 4 years ago

Pound chicken thin, top with a slice of emmentaler & slice of ham, roll up. Secure rolls with kitchen string. Salt and pepper the rolls. Pan fry in an oil/butter mixture. Or brush with oil/butter and bake.

Alternatively, roll up with cheese, then wrap with a couple of thing slices of prosciutto. Then pan fry or bake. Optional: insert a sage leaf under the prosciutto.

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Myself, I would use the cheese as a filling rather than as wrap. Butterfly the breasts open, add the cheese and whatever herbs you have on hand that go with chicken (oregano, dill), may be some sauteed mushrooms which would compliment the emmentaler. Fold it all back together. If you want a crust on the outside do the standard three step: superfine flour, beaten egg, bread crumb. and then bake in the oven at about 400F.

I meant 'roll up the chicken breast with the cheese inside, not on the outside'.