🔕 🔔

I have chicken breast and some yams... what should I do with them? I need dinner made in 60 minutes!

NOTE OVEN IS BROKEN, CANT USE

asked by hans 8 months ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

Make a tagine, using Moroccan flavors, with the chicken and yams cut into chunks. (I add celery, carrots, diced tomatoes, garbanzos, garnish with raisins and almonds). Serve over couscous, small pasta, rice, quinoa...or with crusty bread.

Another option is to microwave the yams...treat like a baking potato. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into scallopini, salt, pepper and dust with flour. Sauté quickly. Deglaze the pan with some broth or wine and add herbs to taste. (I'd make a mushroom sauce and serve with green beans on the side). Spoon sauce over chicken and yams.

Mix with white potatoes to make mashed orange potatoes! My family won't eat any other kind.

microwave the yams, skin on. chop into chunks add salt,pepper, butter and toss. Chicken: pour grated parmesean cheese, salt, pepper, granulated garlic int one shallow dish and toss. add some milk into the other. Flatten chicken, drench in milk then cheese mix. Put on shallow tray and bake 25-35 min. Serve with a tossed salad.

Missed the oven is broken part: for the chicken can be cooked covered in the micro as well, or pan sauteed in a little oil and water. Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Micro cooking is pretty easy.