Easter/ Seder menus

Curious to know what will be on everyone's Holiday table next week or what you're bringing to the table.

Pat is a trusted home cook.

henandchicks

I love to cook- and cook professionally- and I love to eat, especially surrounded by family and friends. But sometimes at the holidays, it is sort of, well...a drag. It seems that everyone is outside enjoying the (finally) lovely weather. So lately our holiday meal is fairly simple; after the haggadah, with it's eggs, and matzoh and so on, we have matzoh ball soup, fruit, maybe a salad, and a good dessert- brownies, ice cream, matzoh brittle. No one seems deprived. This is not how my grandmother, or mother cooked for the holidays, but while my friends are still cooking, I am playing Operation and watching Shalom Sesame with my kids. Incidentally, this method of holiday cooking has also produced the tradion in our house of the Rosh Hashannah sweet and sour Ikea meatball.

ellenl

Where I am going there will be someone kosher present. The hostess thinks people may not even be abe to cook in their own homes and bring the food (as nobody else is kosher in general or for Pesach).
So I'm both relieved and ashamed to say that I will be buying anything I take at a kosher place! For us, I have an assortment of recipes that I'd like to try during the week---various takes on a fish course, a number of flourless desserts that sound wonderful, and cornish hens (epicurious). And for Easter, roasted lamb.

ellenl

Always matzoh ball soup, of course!

SallyBroff

My niece and I will make my mother's gefilte fish inher memory, and Dad will say it's the best ever as he has every year since about 1950.

I'm traveling to my family's Passover (Ashkenazi) and have been asked to bring Vegetarian Chopped "Mock" Liver and a Flourless Chocolate Cake. I'm sneaking in a savory potato kugel (tons of shallots) because I know there will be at least 2 different kind of sweet kugels which I'm not a fan of. Big Sedar this year, 20 adults and 6 kids! Others dishes that will be present is our family recipe for Matzo ball soup, brisket, turkey, cucumber salad, sweet kugels and a carrot souffle.

Probably chicken soup w/matzoh balls, a veal roast with gremolata, and either brisket or chicken. I want to try a brisket with dried apricots from Epicurious. I usually roast some asparagus and garlic, and maybe my greek roasted potatoes: http://www.food52.com/recipes.... The fabulous cake from Gourmet that I make every year with ground hazelnuts and bittersweet chocolate glaze: http://www.epicurious.com...