Tried 2 pita balls on the stove, one rolled very flat, did not puff, the other not as flat: didn't puff and burned. \What should I try next

63ade712 c2a4 4159 a2c5 1f392d77f154  1 web pita

I have a question about step 9 on the recipe "Pita Bread" from lapadia. It says:

"Alternate pita baking would be to place the dough on a baking sheet, it works great, you can make 3-4 at the same time, this is actually my favorite way to bake them. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly browned and puffed. My oven takes between 6.5 to 7 minutes, they start to puff a little over 3 minutes."

asked by LobsterBrieAvocadoBreath over 6 years ago

Hmmm...looks like lapadia had a similar problem in step 7, but she bakes her pitas in a very hot oven.

I'd go with the oven method for her recipe.

LobsterBrieAvocadoBreath

Thanks, I guess I won't get to have the "excitement" of watching it puff! Dern!