🔕 🔔

Vegan, gluten-free recipes?

My mother-in-law is coming to visit and she is vegan and gluten-free. Any ideas for dinners and/or snacks I can make that will fit these requirements? If it could be kind of impressive, that would be a plus!

asked by RebeccaCooks over 4 years ago

I went to the Food52 home page, and found the link to their vegan recipes. The second and third recipes look very impressive. They made me hungry! Both these looked gluten-free but I would double check the list of all ingredients for all recipes you end up choosing with info found on

These are the two vegan recipes I'm talking about: Crispy Coconut Tofu with Burning Rings of Fire and Butternut Squash Posole with Green Tomato Pico de Gallo.

Hope these two recipes sparked some ideas. Enjoy.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

You can filter the search by vegan and gluten-free under the "other" category. You'll have to do so in 2 steps. Epicurious also allows for advanced recipe searching to refine by vegan and gluten-free.

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

My Coconut-Lemon Macaroons are vegan and gluten-free:

My Pine Nut Oatcakes can be made vegan and gluten-free:

If you're up for a challenge, try my Zucchini Sourdough Rolls:

If you feel like being super impressive for dessert, try my Blackberry Dark Chocolate Cupcakes:

I'll second the suggestion to check out Gluten-Free Girl's recipes. Many of hers are not vegan, but she's recently begun to branch out into eggless recipes. Her savory recipes are excellent. Good luck!

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

Vegan eggplant lasagna: Slice one eggplant, crosswise, into 1-inch rings. Toss with salt, pepper and some canola oil; roast at 450F for about 30 minutes, turning once. In the meantime, mince 2 cloves of garlic and 1 white onion. Saute in 1 tablespoon oo, until translucent. Clean and slice about 15 mushrooms, and add them to the pan. Cook until soft. Add 1 small can of diced tomatoes. (If you have a bay leaf, or some old red wine lying around, add that too.) Cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes. In a casserole dish or individual ramekins, layer: the sauce, the eggplant; repeat. Bake for 5-8 minutes. (If you like heat, serve with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.)

If you are making individual ramekins, or a separate one for the non-vegans, throw a layer of mozzarella (or other cheese) into the mix. Make sure the top layer is cheese so it gets nice and browned and bubbly in the oven!