🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mozzarella

81765f74 b58a 4c4b 8c07 6c46ef76e120  47

I have a question about the ingredient "Non-Iodized Coarse Salt, to taste" on the recipe "Mozzarella" from Kmucci.
Can you be a little more specific on the salt measurement, or give a range?

asked by gustus over 5 years ago
39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I like the water to at least be as salty as the sea. I think it depends on how big and how full of water your pot is. From my experience, I've learned that I like a lot of salt in this process. This is how you season your mozzarella, so you can be generous. I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer for you, I think this is more of a personal preference.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

You can also knead some fine salt in during the stretching process, so you may want to err on the side of less salty water if you're concerned.