Whats for dinner? available brown rice, white beans, broccolli, spinach, sweet potato, tofu usual condiments and spices

not necessariy to use everything, prefer warm dish

HalfPint April 4, 2012

Mashed white beans (seasoned with thyme, sage, maybe some lemon zest) on a bed of garlic-sauteed spinach and/broccoli.

Cristina Sciarra
Cristina Sciarra April 4, 2012

I would say to make a salad using the brown rice, the white beans, and some arugula (if you have it, sub the spinach if you don't), and maybe something crunchy and a little sweet--half an orange pepper chopped fine? Toss it together with a mustard-garlic vinaigrette.

Separately, toss the broccoli with some oo, s+p and more garlic. Roast, then toss in some lemon juice and grated Parmesan.

Finish the meal with roasted sweet potato, maybe amped up with a dusting of paprika or cayenne, a handful of raisins, or a splash of maple syrup.

beyondcelery
beyondcelery April 4, 2012

Mash the white beans and sweet potatoes together with 2-3 cloves roasted garlic, drizzling sage-infused olive oil into it as you go.

RebeccaCooks
RebeccaCooks April 4, 2012

If you have a lot of spinach you could make a modified saag paneer, using the tofu instead of paneer.

aargersi April 4, 2012

I would roast the sweet potato (cubed) and broccoli and crisp up the tofu (in a skillet) and toss them them with something like toasted cumin, spicy paprika or cayenne, maybe some coriander. I would finish it with lemon and cilantro if you have them. Hmm - actually add the spices to the roasting sweet potato and broccoli. And put the potatoes in first (thinking on the fly here)

I would have a glass of wine

then I would probably have some tea and maybe a little ice cream ....

sheredel
sheredel April 4, 2012

thank you all, and aagersi loved your response!!