🔕 🔔

At what oven temp should I cook 4 thin center cut pork chops and for how long?

E2a2fedb ad61 41a0 84e7 33ce538bd451  59999 at what oven temp should i cook 4 thin center cut pork chops and for how long

asked by Mel Collazo over 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Oven temp isn't critical, 375F should work fine. Pull them when the internal temp = 135F on an instant-read thermometer (145F if you want to follow USDA guidelines). Cooking by time is not recommended -- too many variables (starting temp, thickness, etc.)

I will second ChefOno on this. It's not time but meat mass and no two ovens are calibrated exactly the same despite what the dial is set at. I'll also go with the 135F reading for a thin chop. Even better to grill them outside over real wood charcoal.

Wholefoods user icon

I wouldn't put them in the oven. Too thin. Pan sear them on both sides with salt and pepper, splash in some white wine (or whatever liquid goes with the rest of your dinner), scrape up the tasty browned bits, then either turn the heat way down or completely off if they are super thin. Cover. Should be ready in 5 minutes.