🔕 🔔

Reheating cooked pork chops without drying out

OK so I have a nicely cooked pork chop left over but like all meat leftovers I am wondering how to heat it back up without drying it out. I don't want to put it in a soup since it's breaded. So I am thinking wrapped in foil on low heat in the oven or perhaps cutting into small peices and heating up in a pan or microwave and serving with gravy.

asked by CaryNC over 6 years ago

If you have time- try a low oven covered with a little stock or some kind of liquid and warm them slowly. My idea of a low oven would be 175F-225F or even 160F. Warm your pan in advance for a quicker cook time. It could take 45 min. to an hour this way though.

Oh, this little dilemma used to vex me too! I simply gave up reheating pork chops, especially if breaded. Rather, I thinly slice the chop and add a little salt, oil/vinegar/hot sauce/herbs/whatever strikes my fancy, toss and then include it in a (now meaty) salad or on a sandwich. Viola! A lunch to make your carnivorous coworkers envious.

Sorry I didn't see "breaded".

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

Must you reheat? I love cold meats. Leftover (as if!) steak for breakfast, gnawed out hand while reading the paper, ditto chicken legs, ditto pork chops. Or hand-shred any of these and add to a nice bed of salad greens dressed with vinegrette or your favorite dressing and that's lunch. Or supper before you go out for a night on the town.

OUTCOME: So I decided to remove the tasty but no longer crunchy panko breading and slice the pork chop into 1/2" strips (not too thin nor thick). I sauteed some onions in olive oil then put the meat in the pan and added some vermouth and some snow peas (and seasoning). Covered for 1 minute to warm the meat and steam the snow peas. Turned out delicious and moist.

I always wonder what "solution" people on this section of the forum choose to use.

Thanks everyone!

Leftover "Breaded" pork chops are great smothered in cream of chicken or cream of whatever you like! It's always a hit and taste very different than the first round cover and bake at 325 about 35min or until hot and bubble.