🔕 🔔

How long can hard boiled eggs sit out at room temp and still be eaten?

asked by Michele Bouchard over 5 years ago

41cd0920 c485 4326 8533 a8bff787f51f  fb avatar

Hard-boiled eggs should not sit out for more than 2 hours. After two hours either reheat or refrigerate. The shell of an egg is porous and will permit bacteria to penetrate. Refrigerated hard-boiled eggs should be used up within a week.

Efa0c62a 5987 4bba a194 afbfeb638c77  cook better thanfb profile

I know that the answer from 85peaches is most like the right answer but as a kid my mom would hide them at like 6am and we wouldn't eat them until after Easter brunch at like 2 or 3pm. and I am still alive.