🔕 🔔

egg salad

i undercooked my hard boiled eggs by a few minutes. Does anyone know how i can remedy this? They have been cooled and refrigerated already. Thanks.

asked by baystate almost 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I actually love egg salad made with slightly-less-than-hard-cooked eggs. But if you want, you could put them back into a pot of simmering water for a few minutes -- if you add them straight from the fridge, I'd allow a couple minutes for them to warm through, and then 1 or 2 more to finish cooking.

After reading ChefOno's response I realized I should clarify something: I only use eggs with whites that are cooked through for egg salad -- but I like it when the yolks still have a bit of that almost jellied texture to them. I think it makes the egg salad so much richer.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

If it were me and the yolks were too soft but the whites were okay, I'd scoop out the yolks and zap 'em in the MW for a few seconds. Otherwise, I would guess you'd have to cook the eggs for the normal amount of time so the yolk would come up to temp.