🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Maple Meringue Filled Doughnuts

F77e789c 8372 4359 aa0e b1bd41fea287  img 0014 3

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Maple Meringue Filled Doughnuts" from Lara. It says:

"Combine the remaining milk and yeast in a medium sized bowl. If you have a stand mixer, you can use it, but I made this batch with a wooden spoon and a bit of good old fashioned stirring. Add the rested flour mixture along with the vanilla and egg yolks. Stir until smooth. Add the whole wheat flour plus 1/4 cup of the bread flour. Top with the sugar and salt and vigorously stir until the dough starts to come together. Continue to stir, adding flour about 1/8 cup at a time, until the dough starts to form into a ball. Then, with a dough hook if you are using a mixer or with your hands, knead in the remaining flour a little at a time until the dough is somewhat smooth and only a little sticky. You may have a little flour left over... just save it for when you roll out your dough.
Ingredients say 1 egg and directions say egg yolks. I plan on making this tomorrow need clarification.
"

479c81bc 1548 4a65 b563 d90c83e41737  img 0092

Thanks for the note... it is a full egg (not yolks). I halved my original recipe, which needed 3 egg yolks. So instead of 1 and a half egg yolk, I went with a full egg (and it worked beautifully). Sorry about the mistake in the method!

-L

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thank you so much so excited to make these today