🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

I have a question about the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter" from Genius Recipes. 2 cups of canned tomatoes can't possibly yield enough sauce for 6 people. Was that a typo? What would the weight of the can be?

asked by CarlaK over 5 years ago

00c46d23 3575 4258 98ff 95bf01356ea4  stringio

I don't know the recipe but depending on the other liquid ingredients I would at least double iit it if not triple

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

I've made this sauce before from one of her books and I think I used 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes juice and all. Once we blended it up it yielded enough for 6 people but if you like a lot if sauce you may add a small can of tomatoes too.