Can I poach fish in Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce w Onion and Butter?

I've never poached fish in tomato sauce before, in general - is the sauce used for poaching good to eat over pasta? How do you think this sauce would work with (white) fish?

asked by JadeTree over 5 years ago

I think it would be really good.

I agree. I think it'll be pretty tasty. I love that recipe!

JadeTree

Great! It's our favorite tomato sauce right now. I'll report back :)

Regine

Will be good. I myself though might prefer to bake fish on its own and then pour some of the sauce on it prior to serving. Then top it with maybe some chopped dill and/or chive and/or scallion and/or cilantro etc.

Marcella, I have that cookbook, and love it! I also noticed in that book you have a recipe for polenta baked with this sauce, which sounds incredible. I will be trying that very soon.

I think it's safe to say a lot of us on this site are addicted to your sauce. I even adapted it and made tomato soup, in homage to your original recipe. http://food52.com/recipes...

Of course, Marcella is right.. but if you are cooking a gish woth robust flavor to begin with, that tomato sauce would be fantastic. We love it, as well. Fish with Crazy Water is also excellent.