🔕 🔔

chopped rather than shaved?

What do you think the salad would end up like if i CHOPPED the asparagus rather than slicing it? Serving it to children in smaller chopped bites would be much more managable than slices.... Thoughts?

asked by Mom of 7 over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I think it would work with a couple of caveats: Use pencil asparagus and cut it into small (pea-sized) bits. See directions here: http://www.foodnetwork...

I have two year old twins. I buy the thin asparagus (as it all ought to be) and fry it in butter with salt. They love it.

281ae33b 7151 464a af77 f6d6444c9c7d  img 20151007 213502

My son, who is 6, eats asparagus in any form. I think chopped would be okay, but shaved shouldn't be a problem either. My son loves it whole best, broiled with some olive oil and salt and pepper. The Absurdly Addictive Asparagus recipe from here is a big hit too. http://www.food52.com/recipes...