🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Smoky Pickled Asparagus

17b723ca f0ad 456e 9f4a 3f9b82659345  smoky pickled asparagus

I have a question about the ingredient "smoked paprika" on the recipe "Smoky Pickled Asparagus" from notlazy.rustic..

I've never pickled asparagus before and am wondering if I left the smoked paprika out, how that would change the pickling process. I'm not a huge fan of smoked paprika and am only looking for a basic pickled asparagus recipe.

asked by The Fiery Epicurean over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Omitting the paprika will not change the pickling process. It's only there for a little smokey flavor. You may want to incorporate some pickling spice or mustard seeds instead, or you could just go with the recipe sans the paprika.