Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Smoky Pickled Asparagus

17b723ca f0ad 456e 9f4a 3f9b82659345  smoky pickled asparagus

I have a question about the ingredient "smoked paprika" on the recipe "Smoky Pickled Asparagus" from notlazy.rustic..

I've never pickled asparagus before and am wondering if I left the smoked paprika out, how that would change the pickling process. I'm not a huge fan of smoked paprika and am only looking for a basic pickled asparagus recipe.

asked by The Fiery Epicurean almost 5 years ago
3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Omitting the paprika will not change the pickling process. It's only there for a little smokey flavor. You may want to incorporate some pickling spice or mustard seeds instead, or you could just go with the recipe sans the paprika.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.