49ers pancake recipe

I am looking for a recipe for 49ers, which are pancakes made at Walker Brothers and The Original Pancake House. Does anybody have a tried and true recipe for these pancakes? I am asking on behalf of a friend, so I don't have any additional info. Many thanks!

asked by alexlutz over 6 years ago

I've never heard of that pancake! But there are tons of links if you do a google..Good luck!

allans

I've asked this same question before and never got a definitive answer. If you find out, please let me know. I'm going to ask directly at my next visit. I love them and they are difficult to describe to someone who has never had them.

Is there a menu description? 49'ers implies sourdough. Even if the restaurant won't provide the recipe (likely), they should be able to answer a few questions -- does it have eggs? does it have dairy? -- these questions would need to be answered for someone with dietary restrictions.

sfmiller

There's a video from Bay Area TV segment that gives some clues. Doesn't provide the restaurant's recipe, but something similar that uses both sourdough starter and chemical leavening. A much looser batter than a typical sourdough pancake--nearly as loose as crepe batter.

http://www.youtube.com...