Muhammara question

Would muhammara work with pecans? I don't have walnuts or almonds and am feeling lazy about buying either when I have plenty of pecans. Any reason why this would not taste good with pecans?

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I don't know why not. You might want to toast the pecans a bit before you use them.

pickledpossum

You can use any nut you have available. It really just a textural component not flavour.

Quinciferous

I want to know how it turns out! I like the bitterness of walnuts and think pecans might make it too sweet, but maybe it will be delicious -- and as pickled possum says, the texture is the key in any case. Please report back!

Will do tomorrow night.