🔕 🔔

I just finished making vegetable stock and I found a rubber band in the strained veggies. It's a lot of stock- should I risk using it?

asked by Julie,Le over 5 years ago

97a8ddcf b448 426a 9bd8 eed4b204cdb5  hussie icons chl

That's SO something that would happen to me! Personally, I would taste the stock and as long and your foreign object didn't effect the flavor, I would keep it. When using homemade stock (we make chicken stock about every 4 months) I always make sure I bring it to a boil anyway. That's just me, maybe I live life on the edge. ;)

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Unless you think the rubber band came into contact with unsafe chemicals or something before it went into the stock, you're probably okay (at least as far as I know about rubber bands). Taste the stock, though--if it was in there the whole time, your stock might have a bad flavor.

I think it was the rubber band on herbs that I threw in there- unfortunately when I tasted it, it was bitter and a total loss, although the cause could be a lot of things. Thank you!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I agree with Pierino. A rubber band is not going to affect your stock at all.