🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Panko and Parmesan

2430730e ab41 41fd bd2f a0acb71ae039  2017 1003 herbed chicken cutlets with panko and parmesan rocky luten 018

I have a question about the recipe "Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Panko and Parmesan" from merrill. How far ahead can the chicken be breaded?

asked by Pepperjam over 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I wouldn't bread it too far in advance, or the cutlets won't crisp properly -- I'd say 20 minutes or less.

Thanks for the quick response.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

I hesitate to say this because it is merrill's recipe, but i certainly have had no prob breading chicken a day ahead. The crust dries,stabilizes, and stays on the chicken as it fries to crispy- no worries.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I've never made this specific recipe, but many similar...whenever I do the flour/egg wash/bread crumb thing on chicken, pork or veal cutlet, etc., I try to do it at least a couple of hours ahead, even that morning. Stored on a wax paper lined pan in the fridge, it air dries a little (as Le Bec Fin said), making the crust adhere better when it cooks. Also convenient - breading ahead makes putting, e.g., a veal/chicken cutlet Milanese on the table a lot quicker come dinner time.